Powered By Blogger

Thursday, September 8, 2011

A little bit of random

     Tons of cool shit on the internet!!!!! Seriously, how deestracting is the world nowadays? Today I found zombie garden gnomes, Schweddy balls Ben and jerry's ice cream; the Five Stages of Star Wars Revisionism Fan Grief and a coffee press that doubles as a bicep work out.  It is all over the map with no rhyme or reason. You can stalk your favorite anybody, from artists to authors and everywhere in your importance spectrograph. What makes me laugh the most is when a celebrity posts something, the hordes fans actually think that celebrity gives a shite about their comment on the post. Don't get me wrong, I know there are some celebrities that do read a few comments. I guess my bitter side likes to shoot hopes down and crush the dreams of others sometimes. I just believe that this social networking gives the fans this unrealistic veil of closeness. It makes me wonder why there hasn't been a rise in stalking related crime.

     Every day you get to hear a good morning from this celebrity, check out a mobile phone shot of that celebrity and even sometimes you get to see amusing banter between celebrities via their twitter feeds. It’s a great hook that I have bitten several times. You almost feel like you could message back about how it made you laugh or what not. Yea, you and thousands of their other fans. I am positive they have that shit turned off! or even better, they have someone else, like their assistant, reading it and only forwarding the 1 or 2 they should retweet to keep up that, "yes I am really reading this shit" facade.

     Yea I know, bitter. I do bitter with a smile though and the hope that I am wrong. I leave you with this banter between David and me:


me: Sweaty Balls!!!!!Schweddy Balls Ice Cream: Yes, It's Real!

David: oh google your advertising so funny

(print screen circled by David)

me: What i think is hilarious is that they are advertising vanilla bean ice cream and local nannies
me: oh, and diabetes....because of the Nannies of course

David: ayup

No comments:

Post a Comment