Powered By Blogger

Thursday, September 15, 2011

The Eyes Have It or Its all in How You Look at it.

Good Morning. I do believe today will be a good day. There is not anything special going on but I am trying that whole positive attitude thing. It seems i have been a bit grumpy at the earlier days in the week, especially Tuesday but everybody knows that Tuesday is a bitch anyway so it's justified. (Sorry to anyone whose actual name is Tuesday, you're not a bitch, just the day you are named after)

When I am trying to boost myself out of a stuck-in-a-rut like funk,  I have two ways of doing it. The first way is simple. I simply look at all of the stuff I have, a great family that extends to a frickin fantastic group of friends who I consider family, a good paying job that has the potential to lead to great things, and a beautiful house (a smallish townhouse but nonetheless cozy and loving) in a great neighborhood. Blah blah blah, great things great things...so yea, I am spoiled. Focusing on the charmed existence I lead usually lifts my spirits.

The second way to deefunk is to play a game. I love games...PC, console, board, card, dice, and rpg alike. Does not matter if it is by myself or with others. Lately, time sucks and my computer blew up. Well, not blew up literally, but it is fatally injured. In it's defense, it is old. I believe it may be coming up on 7 years. I know, I know LAME! Don't worry, i have been specing out my dream computer which, if i am lucky, I will be able to purchase by graduation in May.

Korben's 13th Birthday
Story time: Another thing I like to do is reminisce about times that make me laugh and the other day a few friends and I were talking about how I wake my children up with singing and  a flaming cake on their birthdays. It is obnoxious and loud with camera flashes filing the room and i have pictures of each of my kids with this WTF look on their faces barely able to open their eyes. Happy Birthday!! It's 6 AM your room is filled with people and we are off key and taking pictures of your reaction. Any how, talking about that made me think of my childhood and Christmas morning. My parents had a super 8 home movie camera when my sister and i were young. Every Christmas eve, my sister and i would sleep in the same room and basically bounce off the walls with anticipation until the morning. We would yell for my parents at o'dark thirty and then my parents, who had probably just gone to bed mere hours before, would call my Grandparents to come over to witness the present massacre.

We would wait in my sister's room, opening the presents that Santa left in our stockings. Once my Grandparents arrived we were allowed to run into the living room and check out the loot. As punishment for our 5 AM parental sleep disturbance, out came the super 8. Holy Hell that light was bright! My corneas were searing in pain!! As each gift was opened, my mom would say, "show it to the camera, dear." My parents have years and years of film of my sister and I holding up new crochet sweaters like criminals in the light of the helicopter with our arms up and eyes squinting almost shut, smiling as big as we could in the circumstances. It makes me giggle just thinking about it and I hope my kiddos can look back on their birthday flaming cake wake up and know they were loved.




No comments:

Post a Comment